.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

SRK Apology Rankles Sena, 89 Crores, K.Jo, Quiver…!

The escalating tension took a celeb toll. And SRK crumbled under the stress of the Sena communal ire, breaking down at a Press con.

His apology, however, was a far cry from the expected. "I am really sorry," Khan told an eager media."I would like to apologise to Kajol, Karan Johar and our business partners. The film is going to be affected because of what I said. 'My Name Is Khan,' is not my film alone. It has Kajol, Karan ( Johar) and 150 other people whose livelihood depends upon it."

King Khan, though, categorically refused apologising to the Sena. "I have done nothing wrong in saying what I did about the Pakistani players, and I said that as an Indian." Amid super tight security at the airport and at 'Mannat', SRK strode right back to Mumbai.

An estimated 89 crores are at stake, and the film's distributors have written to Bal Thackeray requesting his express permission before the flick's release. Reportedly, there has been no response from the Sena supremo as yet.

Incidentally, 'My Name Is Khan' will have to amass collections worth Rs 100 crore merely to break even. The prickly controversy has fuelled further interest in K Jo's movie, and as a topline trade analyst points out in a tabloid quote, "A controversy never backfires. Theatres taking down 'MNIK' posters have already made front page news and given the film more mileage than traditional publicity."

Silver lining to the darkest 'MNIK' cloud?

If You Liked The Posts Say It In comments !!!