.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, February 8, 2010

SRK wants some action

Shah Rukh has moved to the top of Bollywood by playing the charming lover in his movies. But, interestingly, the actor says that after his next release My Name is Khan,
he is concentrating on doing action movies.
 SRK has Don 2 and Ra 1 lined up for 2010, and he can’t wait to get filming for them.

But why the need to do two action films back-to-back?

“I think, to a certain extent, I need to prove this to myself. That I can still do it. First with my back operation and then my shoulder… all of last year, I was recovering from my injuries. Now, I feel good, but I think I need to do these films to prove to myself,” says King Khan candidly.


Khan’s next film to go on the floors is Ra 1. Directed by Anubhav Sinha, the film will be shot entirely in London, and stars Kareena Kapoor too.

Ra 1 is a superhero film. I feel we don’t have an Indian superhero, and this movie is for the kids!” says Khan, “You know I love playing the baddie in movies. I haven’t done much of it.. but I really like that music in Don that plays in the background.”

But before SRK can move ahead to his next lot of films, he needs to face the reaction to the release of My Name is Khan. The film has already resulted in a huge controversy, but with just 4 days to release, the stress is beginning to show on the stars and the director alike.

“We just want the movie to release now. Of all the characters I have played, I think the one of Rizwan is closest to me. He has a lot of quirks that I have in real life… now just don’t ask me which ones!” he says with a smile that has melted our hearts for years now!