.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ajay Devgan - from action to comedy

Ajay Devgan, who made his debut with the Madhoo-starrer Phool Aur Kaante, has indeed come a long way. He, who used to be the angry, young man of action films, is now turning to comedy, that too in a big way. 
 Ajay DevgnAjay’s last three comedies Golmaal, Golmaal Returns and All The Best were well received, and his performance was appreciated. The two-time National Award-winning actor is now overwhelmed with offers for comic performances. His upcoming flick Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? with Paresh Rawal and Konkona Sen Sharma is a comedy as well.  The promos of the film have generated a lot of curiosity, and audiences are eagerly awaiting it.

According to Ashwni Dhir, who has directed Ajay in Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?, Ajay is a ‘first-rate actor’ who is ‘a natural in front of the camera’, and does comedy just as well as action.


Ajay is excited about his next. ‘I agreed to Atithi... almost minutes after I heard the first draft of the script, because to me, this film fit into that genre of Hrishida’s films. Films like Chupke Chupke, Bawarchi, Rajnigandha, Khubsoorat, Angoor and Golmaal (Amol Palekar) made by stalwarts like Hrishida, Basuda and Gulzar saab tickled your funny bone, but they also had a soul, ‘ he says. Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? is slated for release worldwide on March 5, 2010.
On his new role as a comic actor, Ajay says, ‘Believe me, every time I say I will run away from comedy, comedy chooses me. After Atithi... I’ll plunge headlong into Golmaal-3. Sometimes, I think actors don’t choose a role, a role chooses them. When you deliberately resist something, it has a way of following you.’ ‘Amitabh Bachchan was an angry young man and then did some delectable comedies. I was the action guy who went into comedy. Though I keep saying I want to get back to action flicks, I will trust my instincts and accept a good comedy if it comes my way,’ he adds, ‘An actor proposes, a filmmaker disposes.’
Ajay has a bouquet of varied flowers before him, as far as his upcoming films are concerned. He has Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti, Toonpur Ka Superhero with wife Kajol, Milan Luthria’s Once Upon A time In Mumbai, Kumar Mangat’s Garam Hawa and Rohit Shetty’s Golmaal 3 coming up. 

Move over Bollywood, the new King of Comedy is coming!

If You Liked The Posts Say It In comments !!!