.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Deepika Padukone replaces Ashwarya Rai in Kalpana Lajmi’s film ‘Singhasan’

Deepika Padukone replaces Ashwarya Rai

The news is that director Kalpana Lajmi, who wrote the script of the movie ‘Singhasan’ keeping in mind Aishwarya Rai for the role of politician, now wants to make it with Deepika Padukone.

Kalpana stated that my uncle Guru Dutt was settled in Bangalore and so is Deepika’s father Prakash Padukone. Deepika Padukone is related to me. Although Deepika doesn’t know about it but she knows about me.

Talking about her bond with Deepika Padukone, she stated, “Deepika Padukone and I are Saraswat Brahmins. Her family and mine can be traced back to Kashmir. We’re basically turned out Kashmiri pundits who migrated to Bangalore.”

She further added, “I saw Deepika in ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’ and found her to have excellent qualities. I don’t think any other actress today has that quality. I was once planning to give the role of a politician to Aishwarya in the film ‘Singhasan’ but now Deepika Padukone will do that role.”

However it is said that Deepika Padukone has not given her consent. Kalpana said, “Why should she? I’m a down-and-out filmmaker. I haven’t put a project together in the last three years because of various reasons. A filmmaker like me suffers a double disadvantage by being a woman.”

If You Liked The Posts Say It In comments !!!