.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

No going shirtless, I have a girl: Imran

Imran Khan personified the term ‘cool dude’ when he came to Delhi on Thursday.

In a Superman tee, which showed a bit of the tattoo on the back of his neck, a pair of fashionably tattered jeans, an electric blue belt and sneakers, Imran exuded casual cool. He was here for a Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM activity – Mall Pe Kabza – which was held to celebrate Mirchi’s newly launched show 18 Hamesha with RJ Stutee at DLF Place, Saket.

And looking the way he did, Delhi girls didn’t spare him for a single moment. “Marry me!” said one of the 500 girls who’d gathered at the mall to meet Imran and enjoy shopping, a sumptuous lunch and a latest film as a part of the 18 Hamesha gang. “Take your shirt off!” shouted another, adding, “Flex your muscles for me, Imran.” And all Imran could manage was, “Please stop screaming, you’re embarrassing me. There’s no shirtless scene in my next film! I have an evening flight back to Mumbai, where my girlfriend is going to tell me that I came to Delhi just to flirt with the girls here. Waise, in Mumbai, we believe that Delhi girls are hotter. I’m going to take my report card back and tell the others about the girls here.”

“No, no, take that shirt off,” insisted a fan. “Listen, I’m not the Khan that takes his shirt off! I’m a different Khan,” Imran said.

But the girls couldn’t get enough of him. “How did you propose to Avantika?” enquired a girl, adding, “Could you do what you did for her here?” “I’m slightly old-fashioned on matters concerning love, etc. I think the guy should make the first move,” Imran said. “I didn’t go down on my knees, exactly, but I asked one of Avantika’s friends to take her out. And with the help of another friend of hers, I decorated her room with candles. That was how I proposed. I’ve been seeing her for the last six-and-a-half years now and I know that it’s a good thing to be scared of your girlfriends. All smart guys are!” said Imran.

Yatish Mehrishi, cluster head and station director, Radio Mirchi, was present too. “Imran’s given us a cool break in this hot weather. Our show, which is aired Monday to Saturday between 11 am to 2 pm with RJ Stutee, is about those who, even if not 18, want to stay 18 Hamesha,” he said.

And when we got to speak to Imran one-on-one, inside the Radio Mirchi live studio at the venue, we were the subjects of much jealousy. Is he a tattoo person – there’s a tattoo on the back of his neck. “It’s a sun and it represents Gen X – my generation. My best friend designed it and we went out and got it done at 17. I do like tattoos because I think they’re an interesting way of expressing yourself. But it’s something permanent, you have to be clear about what you get tattooed because you’re going to have it for life,” he added.
If You Liked The Posts Say It In comments !!!