.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Kajol talks about U Me Aur Hum, Shah Rukh Khan and her future projects

She hasn’t had the time to watch a film of late, not even attend her salsa classes. That’s how busy Kajol has been with the post production of the forthcoming U Me Aur Hum (UMAH), which marks the directorial debut of hubby, Ajay Devgan.
Here’s the latest interview she gave to the media:

Contrary to assumptions, U Me Aur Hum is not inspired by The Notebook, confirms Kajol. But unlike other actresses, Kajol, with her trademark candour, doesn’t claim that the film is ‘completely different’.

“It’s basically old wine in a new bottle, just like every other film. But it’s the way you make a film that makes it different, and this one is refreshing,” she states.

She plays a waitress in the film.

“I can’t say there’s a particular characteristic about her. Perhaps the only thing distinctive about her is her strange vulnerability,” reveals Kajol.


Daughter Nysa isn’t making an appearance in the film. And Kajol says that was never an option.

“She’s just five. She does recognise me on screen but doesn’t like to see me crying. She was there for the music release of UMAH, but we want to keep her away from films as of now,” she says.

For the couple’s next animated venture - Toonpur Ka Superhero - however, Kajol wouldn’t mind her little one sitting through the screening.

“She’ll enjoy it, even though Ajay and I don’t play animated characters. We play a married couple. But I don’t know much about the film yet as we haven’t started shooting for it. I’ve to go on the sets and check out everything to get a better idea,” she explains.

Kajol doesn’t confirm whether the Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol jodi will return after six years in Karan Johar’s My Name Is Khan.

“Karan has approached me, but nothing’s been finalised yet. I haven’t signed on the dotted line yet,” she asserts.

As for Raj Kumar Hirani’s Idiot, based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel Five Point Someone, Kajol says she isn’t a part of the project any more. Is it because Hirani was irked by Kajol reportedly asking SRK about whether Hirani is a credible director or not?

“That’s not true. Everyone associated with it and the people who matter know that,” she clarifies.

With just two projects in hand, Kajol wants to take a six-month break after Toonpur.

“I’m not looking at being very prolific this year,” she states.

But endorsements are something she’s been routinely doing. Is it just the moolah?

“Money isn’t an issue, since I can get it from anywhere. What’s important is whether I belive in the product I’m endorsing. We shouldn’t be completely alien to each other,” she confirms.

Kajol recently received brickbats for repeating her outfits. Is she fine with people being over-critical of her fashion sense or should they just let her be?

“Do I have to say that? I think you’ve said that for me,” she laughs, adding, “I don’t react to such remarks. People who said that have obviously never repeated a T-shirt in their lives,” she says.

So post motherhood, what’s kept her so gorgeous?

post Original from bollywoodbuzz.in